Artificial intelligence and intelligent design both refer to the idea of “intelligence.” Is there a deeper understanding of intelligence that can be culled from the Turing test? Robert J. Marks discusses the Turing test, artificial intelligence, and intelligent design with Dr. George Montañez.
- 00:33 | Introducing Dr. George Montañez, Iris and Howard Critchell Assistant Professor of Computer Science at Harvey Mudd College
- 00:57 | What is the Turing test?
- 02:13 | Artificial intelligence and intelligent design
- 02:50 | Causal theory of intelligent design
- 03:14 | Historical theory of intelligent design
- 03:43 | Three flavors of intelligent design
- 03:54 | Directed panspermia: Was life planted by aliens?
- 04:25 | Elon Musk: Are we living in a simulation?
- 04:44 | The Turing test, artificial intelligence, and intelligent design
- 07:11 | Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI)
- 07:46 | Detecting Intelligence
- George Montañez’s faculty website
- George Montañez at Research Gate
- Last week’s podcast with Dr. Montañez
- Turing test at Encyclopædia Britannica
- What is intelligent design?
- Directed panspermia
- Elon Musk on living in a simulation
- SETI at Encyclopædia Britannica
- “Detecting Intelligence: The Turing Test and Other Design Detection Methodologies”