From the perspective of a brain surgeon, is there evidence for a soul? Is there evidence for a spirit? Robert J. Marks discusses neuroscience, brain surgery, the soul, and the spirit with Dr. Michael Egnor.
- 00:46 | Introducing Dr. Michael Egnor, Professor of Neurosurgery and Pediatrics at State University of New York, Stony Brook
- 01:18 | Non-overlapping magisteria (NOMA)
- 01:58 | Is there a soul?
- 02:42 | The soul vs. the spirit
- 04:24 | Wilder Penfield on the soul and the spirit
- 04:47 | What is a dualist?
- 06:47 | Open brain operations
- 08:25 | Penfield’s first line of reasoning for dualism
- 09:56 | Penfield’s second line of reasoning
- 11:14 | Penfield’s third line of reasoning